Wednesday 5 April 2017

Meghan's Thoughts Before we Make the Journey Back Home

Hello everyone, Meghan here. I know I haven't posted anything in a while but don't worry, I have not forgotten about you all. This isn't really a blog post but I just thought I'd write a little something on the eve before our flight back home to Canada after over 3 years abroad. I will write a whole long summary blog soon once I can come up with something postable!

Anyways, it is April 5, 2017 today and I am sitting in our hostel room in Kyoto, Japan thinking about the 24th of March 2014 when I was sitting in our empty living room in Calgary waiting to leave soon for the airport to fly to our new home: Amelie. I find that I feel somewhat the same today as I did that day, 3 years ago: excited yet apprehensive, happy yet sad as well. That is why today, I feel strange in a similar way I did that last day in Calgary: I am realizing that it is the end of a chapter in my life and there are new wonders and new challenges ahead of me.

Neither Matthew nor I have not been back to Canada in the three years we've been gone (Dad went back to Calgary for a couple of weeks last February and Mom went back to Ottawa for a month last July) and even though we've been to a few countries similar enough to Canada (New Zealand, Australia) I have a feeling it is going to be a bit of a shock to my system. I am mostly only happy and excited to return so I can see my family (my grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins) and my friends whom I haven't seen in what seems like forever, so I can develop a more stable lifestyle with a regular routine, and so I can really start planning my future (education-wise). However, there is a small part of me that is slightly apprehensive about the challenges that await me while trying to integrate back into modern society and 'fit in' again. I am also sad to leave this trip behind because I know that no journey I do from now on will be exactly like this. I also know I have many important decisions to make in the near future (mostly about school). This trip has been one-fifth of my entire life and it has definitely changed me, in more good ways than bad. I know it will forever be a part of me and will affect the decisions I make and the paths I choose in the future. What I mean is, just because we are physically leaving this journey behind, we can still hold it in our hearts and in our memories forever.

Now, I think feel more confident about taking the plane and flying home. I mean, I've crossed an ocean right? I can take anything a new lifestyle wants to throw at me! All I really need to worry about right now is making the flight home since we have three planes to take in the next 24 hours! Wish us luck because we're gonna need it!

Thank you all for reading and we will keep you updated when we get back home! 
Meghan :)


Marquesas, French Polynesia (May 2015)

4 comments:

  1. Great job putting your thoughts and feelings together. I have a feeling you'll be able to work through any challenge that comes up (more easily than your Dad having to wear long pants in the winter...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg you are so insightful! All of your unique experiences will be with you, forever. We look forward to seeing you all in Calgary and Ottawa soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Sorry I couldn't contact you another way but I just bought a SM and was wondering if you could give me any tips regarding converting the table into a bed... I got a quote but it is absolutely ridiculous! Any advice would be greatly appreciated... My email is my name at Google dot com.... Many thanks! DaviRozgonyi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Benjamin on this topic. gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Benjamin so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. With God willing they grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD. The loan request that my banks here in Ecuador have turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply for a loan from them.247officedept@gmail.com   WhatsApp    Contact:   +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete